LATEST ADDITION: The Second Punic War: Hannibal.
Roman history. Year by year posts about the history of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire. Five series can be found here:
- The First Punic War, about the years 264-241 BCE;
- Celtic and Illyrian Wars, about the years 241-219 BCE;
- The Second Punic War: Hannibal, about the years 218-211 BCE;
- From Commodus to the Crisis of the Third Century, about the years 180-238;
- Varia Romana, a collection of essays on topics such as Roman political history, the Roman army, Roman religion and Roman art.
Italy. This is essentially my travel blog. I discuss some of the wonderful places and monuments I have visited during my travels to Arezzo, Florence, Milan, Pisa, Ravenna, Rome, Siena and the various towns of Tuscany.
Portugal. More from my travels. Tales from the country of Fado and Azulejos.
Nederlandse geschiedenis. Two complete series can be found here. One deals with the Binnenhof complex, the seat of the Houses of Parliament, the other with interesting, yet largely forgotten events in Dutch parliamentary history. Other topics covered here are Antiquity and the Middle Ages, the Dutch Rebellion and the Golden Century, the eighteenth and nineteenth century and the twentieth century and the present. In Dutch only.